Followers

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Mid-Month Inspiration - Anything Goes at Imagination Crafts

Happy Tuesday my friends, yesterday was a very sleepy day, but here I am at 2.51 a.m. wide awake, LOL..so I am bringing you my Mid-Month Inspiration - Anything Goes Challenge at Imagination Crafts.

Stencil - Grungy Ledger
Patterned Card - Summer Script Calico
Sparkle Medium - Antique Bronze

I got this Typewriter die in the Sizzix Sale and I just wanted so much to be able to use it...it reminded me of an Aunt of my Dad's who worked in an office, many moons ago, and when we visited I was in awe of the Big Black Typewriter.  It and she had a profound effect on my life, and I became the fastest and youngest, Personal Secretary at Dundee University.  I have loved and still love typing, and cringe when I see my Hubby who is a Manager, doing 2 finger typing, LOL...

Please remember to pop over to the Imagination Crafts Blog, as we have some fabulous step by step projects by the DT, and I am learning from them everyday, I can tell you, I am so in AWE of being on this Design Team.

The prize for the challenge is a whopping £40 voucher to spend in Imagination Crafts Shop,  how amazing is that.   The rules of the challenge can be found here.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Crafting from the Heart - CH#27 - Always Anything Goes
My Craft Creations - 7/7-19/7/14 - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze - Birthday (Blog Hop also to celebrate their Birthday)
Glitter N Sparkle - CH#93 - Anything Goes
Scribble and Scrap - CH#22 - Always Anything Goes
Pumpkin Spice - CH#78 - Anything Goes
ABC Challenge - P is for PEARLS

That is all from me for now, have a fabulous day and thank you for visiting.

31 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous and I do love the typewriter!
Hugs
Linda xxx

jane stillman said...

This is brilliant my lovely - takes me back to when I learnt to type at school and had a board put over the keys so that I could touch type! xxx

K8 said...

Wow!!! This is stunning hun!! I love the black and gold.....it´s so me!!
Have a nice day sweetie xxx

mags said...

Gorgeous Avril and the die works so well with the stencil.
Mags
x

Alyx said...

This is so gorgeous, Sweetie. Hope you're ok? Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Christine's Craftyart Blog said...

Lovely project Avril. Chris z

Doreen said...

Love your card Avril.....Wow I remember the days when we were taught to type in School.xxx

Laine said...

This is stunning Avril. Fab design detail and colour.
Laine
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fab and gorgeous card Avril.
Gr Karin

Unknown said...

Loving the card !!
I'm hoping to get into my craft room today if Adam goes for a sleep.
Love you loads xxxxxxx

Cumbrianlass said...

An amazing piece of creativity Avril.
Janet xxx

Kathryn said...

Looks Ab Fab xxx

butterfly dream cards said...

Oh what a wonderful car.....and i learnt to type on one of those.....giving age away lol
Thank you for joining us....

Fiona DT
TTPH

butterfly dream cards said...

Oh what a wonderful car.....and i learnt to type on one of those.....giving age away lol
Thank you for joining us....

Fiona DT
TTPH

lady jasmine crafts said...

O a gorgeous card love the way you used the stencil brilliant xxxx

Cheremane said...

Avril this is awesome LOVE it :) xx

rachel said...

a super make Avril - really gorgeous xx

Stef H said...

o i absolutely love this. i learned to type on an old remington and i was the fastest in my class - typing at 78 words per min. when you only needed to type 65! needless to say i got a higher paycheck because of that skill. my last typing test showed me typing at 112 wpm with NO errors... and then i retired! i STILL love typing.

love the glitter on the card too!

hugs :)

Brawny x said...

Just fab Avril. Love the typewriter. I too used to be a typist and often show off my skills to the kids x

Crafting with Darcy said...

Lovely! I think your typewriter card is wonderful. That is a great die and I love how you made it stand out!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
Hugs
Darcy

Crafty Judith said...

wow Avril this is super fab hun love it - brings back memories of learning to type a skill that i m so glad to have goodness knows how i d cope without it - great card hugs Judith xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Avril, A fabulous card, love the typewriter, looks fab. Great design too.

Hugs Erin x

Pia S said...

Love your new typewriter die, and the bronze looks great on this card, nice shimmer!

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous looking card Avril love the typewrite and the gold sparkle it looks terrific.
hugs
lorraine x

Jan said...

This looks fab Avril so good to see you back hun xx Jan

Sylvia Anderson said...

Hi Avril, I really like this card, Colours, Layout etc.
Thank you for joining in our challenge over in TTPH Good luck. Lots of love Sylvia xxx

JoanieMc said...

Fantastic card! I love the image... Old as dirt like me! : )
Great design ! Thanks for joining Through the Purple Haze Birthday Challenge.

Hugs
Joanie DT

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Avril, love this card, just so...different and it also reminds me of my shorthand, typing days when I used Royal and Remmington typewriters lol!! now I'm showing my age lol!!
Big hugs my Friend. Jennifer xx

Lucy said...

Great card! I love all the details & love that it brings back happy memories for you. (typing this using at least 9 fingers, but certainly not proficiently :P )

Thanks for helping us celebrate our First Birthday at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

Lucy DT x

Nikki Stalker said...

Great card. Love the embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

Lin said...

I also learned to type on something similar. Oh how it used to make your back and elbow ache shunting that hefty carriage return at the end of every row!

Fabulous card, very evocative of a time gone by.

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
ABC