Followers

Sunday 19 July 2009

New Home Card











Good evening to you all, I have had a busy day today, I have made up a couple of challenge cards, but I wanted to post this one 1st. My 2nd youngest daughter Mhairi and her fiance Allen, moved into their 1st home together yesterday. I had absolutely nothing in my shed (I hear you say, she must be joking, we have seen the inside of that shed...LOL). So I got out my bits and bobs off leftover card and made this House, I coloured it with my promarkers to give it a buildingish feeling...I then used my square punch for the windows, and added a brad for a door handle. I took apart a basket off flowers as they were the wrong colour and added pearly flowers from my stash. I used my daubers to make a background, which I picked up from Boni's blog at http://bonibleauxdesigns.blogspot.com/ yesterday, which I loved the look off, if you have not yet visited her site, please go over, she is a very talented lady. I decorated the inside of the card, from some bits and pieces from my stash. I am quite pleased with the overall effect, and hopefully my daughter and her fiance will like it too. I will probably post the rest of my cards either later on tonight or tomorrow morning. Hubby going away on night shift and things need to be done....duty calls LOL. Hugs to all. Avril

7 comments:

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

I love cards that just seem to come together and all you really used was your scraps. Very sweet card and congrats to the young ones on their 1st home together. How exciting!! You my friend are welcome at my blog any time and I will send you whatever I want whenever I want (giggles). XOXOXOXOXOX

Stef H said...

oh will they love it. it's stunning! super, super job!

much happiness to the youngsters!

hugs,

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card! I'm sure they will love it! Stunning!
Erin x

coldwaters2 said...

It a great card and I just loved reading how you managed to put it all together...very creative.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Avril and I am sure they are going to love it.
Hugs Linda

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous card avril i am sure they will love it,Dianne xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Avril.

Hugs Riet.x